Big Energy Saving Week and Global Action Plan
HJ Fantaskis | 24.10.12
Their EcoInteractives include a EcoDriving simulator, Energy Bike, Water Explorer and Carbon Gym. They have proven be a highly effective and fun way to get people thinking about their energy and water consumption.
On Tuesday, they were in Islington for the Carbon Show, showcasing their EcoInterative display kits to visitors.
'It's about engaging people in a new and interesting way,' says one of the team.
GAP have recently begun tracking the locations of the Energy Bike on their website: Where Has Our Energy Bike Been?
Also this week, they'll be at the London South Bank University and 99 Bishopsgate.
Global Action Plan has 19 years' experience of making complex environmental issues easier for people to understand and get involved - to make positive changes.
They've been working with businesses and academic institutions to make 'green awareness' days more fun and relevant.
Here, we've listed their principles and elements for effective environmental communication:
- Tangible – The Energy Bikes help people understand how much energy is needed to power different appliances. Thousands of people have used the bikes including Tony Blair, Jamelia and Jon Snow.
- Visual – It's much easier to understand the impact of individual actions when you can see the impact of your own behaviour. The waste paper towers have stimulated change in companies as diverse as Investec and Channel 4.
- Competitive – People love competing. The EcoDriving Simulator challenges people to be the greenest driver in their company and helps them reduce their fuel consumption both at work and at home, too.
Related Postsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Clean Energy
- Eco Commmunities
- Eco Heroes
- Eco Media
- Ethical Finance
- Green Living
- Green Technology & Design
- Guest Bloggers
- Morning News
- Social Media
- Weekly Greenhouse Updates
- Morning News - Tuesday 21st May 2013
- Morning News - Monday 20th May 2013
- Morning News - Friday 17th May 2013
- Morning News - Tuesday 14th May 2013
- Morning News - Monday 13th May 2013
- Morning News - Thursday 25th April 2013
- Exhibition showcases sustainability leaders’ wishes for the future
- Morning News - Tuesday 23rd April 2013
- Morning News - Monday 22nd April 2013
- National Trust commits to renewable energy
- Morning News - Tuesday 16th April 2013
- Morning News - Monday 15th April 2013
- Anna Shepard
- The Sustainable Business Lab
- The Soil Association
- Adam Vaughan
- Business Green
- Dot Earth
- Environment 360
- Environmental Graffiti
- George Monbiot
- Green Futures
- Green Inc.
- Green Thing
- Guardian Environment
- Huffington Post Green
- Jonathon Porritt
- Julia Hailes
- La Tierra
- Mother Nature Network
- Recycle This
- The Alternative Consumer
- The Daily Green
- The Oil Drum
- Transition Culture
- Zero Carbonista