Tag: The Global Summit
Admin | 10.08.12
Catalyst for change
Describing themselves as a 'think-tank in action', The Global Summit is small, decentralised and flexible - serving to crowd source what’s working, innovate, experiment and re-design a few out-dated policy, philanthropy and technology systems. It is an incredible platform, allowing communities who don't usually have direct input into global policy-making systems, to inform the development of new approaches and policy systems, right up to UN-level discussion.
At Greenhouse, we think their mutually-reinforcing objectives are nothing short of inspiring:
1) Empower all voices to be heard in addressing humanity’s most pressing issues;
2) Advance a universal framework for sustainable community development;
3) Find and spread the world’s most sustainable technologies and social innovations.
"The Global Summit does not do all this, but brings together the best of those who can and will." - theglobalsummit.org
Declaration of Interdependence
We LOVE the Declaration of Interdependence from The Global Summit -
For more of their inspiriational videos, you can explore The Global Summit's YouTube Channel.
Sign up for the summit
The summit will be preceded by a cultural benefit soirée on 15th August (tiaras, as we understand it, need not be worn).
A full schedule for the 16th and 17th August has been planned and looks set to be the global sustainability event of the year (and probably more effective than Rio+20...).
Nick Jankel, founder and CEO of We Create (and fellow Hub member), will be giving a keynote speech on the neuroscience, psychology and philosophy of breakthrough social innovation.
Places start from £20 per delegate, so definitely worth booking a place before they all sell out!
PS. If you do attend the summit, we'd love to hear about your experience, and what you've come away with. Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean Energy
- Eco Commmunities
- Eco Heroes
- Eco Media
- Ethical Finance
- Green Living
- Green Technology & Design
- Guest Bloggers
- Morning News
- Social Media
- Weekly Greenhouse Updates
- The Power of Just Doing Stuff – How Local Action Can Change the World
- Five fantastic Father’s Day gifts
- Feeding 5k and the Pig Idea - let them eat waste!
- Morning News - Monday 3rd June 2013
- Eco Hero: Clare Hierons, CEO of Carbon Leapfrog
- Morning News - Tuesday 28th May 2013
- Morning News - Friday 24th May 2013
- Morning News - Tuesday 21st May 2013
- Morning News - Monday 20th May 2013
- Morning News - Friday 17th May 2013
- Morning News - Tuesday 14th May 2013
- Morning News - Monday 13th May 2013
- Anna Shepard
- The Sustainable Business Lab
- The Soil Association
- Adam Vaughan
- Business Green
- Dot Earth
- Environment 360
- Environmental Graffiti
- George Monbiot
- Green Futures
- Green Inc.
- Green Thing
- Guardian Environment
- Huffington Post Green
- Jonathon Porritt
- Julia Hailes
- La Tierra
- Mother Nature Network
- Recycle This
- The Alternative Consumer
- The Daily Green
- The Oil Drum
- Transition Culture
- Zero Carbonista